Hey there, I'm back. The past few days the weather has gotten very humid, but the temp has been nice so we've been leaving the windows open and it's been just beautiful......except, my gingerbread house DOES NOT like the humidity. The pieces starting getting soft so we had to close the house back up, turn on the A/C to get the moisture out of the air and the pieces did harden back up.....one small casualty was the windows started leaking. That is the only way I can describe it. It wasn't bad and I did a little damage control, to me it's horrible looking, but I know the reality is, it's fine and I learned a very valuable lesson.
So I have attached the roof and also the 2 porches. They are drying now and this weekend I hope to get the roof textured, I'm not going to tell you what I'm going to use yet, you'll just have to tune in for part 4!! I went to take a picture of the progress so far and the camera decided to just not work. I finally took out the batteries and put them back in, they are brand new batteries, about 6 times and for a moment, the camera worked again and I got one shot of the house thus far. I'm looking into borrowing a camera for the remainder of the project.
I still haven't completely decided how the entire thing will be decorated, I do know how the roof will look and I've got a cute idea for a fence around the house but the rest, I guess it will come to me as I go along.
It's a little crooked but all in all, I'm happy with the progress so far.
Thanks for looking!