Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Baby Shower

Now, I realize that my Blog title is the Trials of Baking , but it seems whatever I do, I seem to include baking in some form.  I have been working on the biggest baby shower since April.....hence the reason for no posts.....Oh, I've done some stuff and even taken step by step photos but just have not had the chance to post anything.  The baby shower, although is not a complete surprise, the majority of what's going on with it is a complete surprise to the parents to be.  I love this couple like they are my own children and even before they got married, I knew that when they had a baby, I wanted to do a shower for them.  Now, that being said, I envisioned 10 - 12 ladies at my house having a sweet little baby shower.   Never in the wildest reaches of my mind, did I see a baby shower with almost 100 people!!!  I know, right, what WAS I thinking!!!  LOL  I am happy to do this shower though and have had a lot of fun.  The shower is this Sunday and while I am so excited.....I'm ready for it to be finished. My house looks like party city and my cat is beginning to think we are moving since I have things in boxes to make getting them to the shower easier.  Since the shower morphed into such a large group, I rented a pavilion at a local park and that's where we will have the event.  I have not posted one picture of anything yet as I wanted the whole thing to be a complete surprise to the new parents.....they have no idea even what the color scheme is......and while it may lack some of the cutesy traditional baby shower elements, I think it's going to be a blast.

Last night I started some of what I have been referring to as the "sweet/dessert", as they don't even know what I'm bringing along the lines of sugar creations. LOL  They have tasted my work before and trust me to handle it all.  Well last night, I was VERY frustrated.......one of the projects was just not cooperating.....thank goodness I started early.....but at this rate, between working full time and trying to finish up all the last minute details, I probably won't be able to sleep again until after the shower! LOL  It will be all worth it in the end though.  It's going to be a fun filled day, with their family and friends, good food and lots of fun and games and hopefully they will also get lots of nice things for their little bundle of love, Xavier.

So, I hope you'll all check back in the next couple of weeks as I start posting all the projects that went into this shower.  Lots of crafty stuff and then of course baked goods as well.

I now know.....I CAN throw a huge party.....I forced myself out of my comfort zone and I feel a lot more confident in what I am capable of achieving.....it's been a great year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment